I'm still waiting for a shipment of parts, but I can get started on adding more to the playfield. Fortunately I do have all 3 drop target banks, unfortunately they did not fit in the arrangement I had first planned and I needed to take two of them apart and re-arrange parts. The banks I have were originally a 2 target bank, and two 5 target banks. now what I need for Nobs is a 2, a 3 and a 4 target bank. The plan was the 2 would remain a 2, and each 5 would become a 3 or 4 by removing targets. But having the mechanism of a 5 bank in the middle ran into the bank on BOTH sides. In another bit of luck the 2 bank is really a 3 bank with the 3rd target removed so I took apart one of the 5 banks and stole parts to make the 2 into a 3, which then fit nicely in the middle without hitting the other banks. this of course means that one of the 5 target banks is really only functioning as a 2 target, but it works, and beats spending more money.
Here is where I made it to today, all the spare posts I had, a couple of the wire guides from Close Encounters fit in some spots, and a few posts. Waiting for shipment from PBR of more posts, rubbers, lane guides and other misc parts. I'm either going to have to buy some more wire guides in weird sizes due to my configuration or make some.
Lots to do, but fun to see it coming together and looking like a pinball machine.
I do have pop bumper mechs and flipper mechs that just need a little cleanup so those will probably be the next things I get to while awaiting the shipment.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.