This is going to be a brief documentation of building my own custom pinball machine that I call Nobs. Nobs is a cribbage term, and the pinball machine if themed and scored like the game of cribbage. I originally designed this game in visual pinball almost 2 years ago and have been refining it's play and rules there. Sliderpoint (Mike), who got me into visual pinball and back into real machines that I had not played since my teen years, is also making his own custom machine with a couple of his co-workers. So once again I needed to copy Mike.
The VPX table is available to download and play
HERE if you want to check it out.
Nobs has the look and feel of Gottlieb games from the 1970s, and for those that know pinball you can probably pick out a lot of the design features from various machines of the era. Not surprisingly it has features from machines I own or have owned, Joker Poker and Vulcan probably being the most influential from my (admittedly small) experiences.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.