Apr 22, 2017

Donor cab and parts.

I want to use parts from the era to make the machine, specifically Gottlieb parts.  Fortunately they used very similar if not exact same parts for many many years.  I am going to try and make this like a gottlieb system 1 machine which were their first computerized pinball machines.  That is also the time they switched to using DC to power the playfield elements instead of AC, which for practical purposes translates into more powerful coils for pop bumpers, flippers, slingshots etc.  This allows for steeper playfield slopes and all combines to have faster gameplay action.

I was lucky enough to run across a craigslist ad for a Close Encounters parts machine, which provided a lot of the things I needed, flipper mechanisms, slingshot mech, 1 bank of drop targets, stand up targets, and a cabinet with legs, side rails, arpon and top arch and such.

It is missing other things like a coin door and more drop target banks (Nobs has 3 banks of drop targets), but ebay is pretty good about providing those parts if you keep an eye on it.  I am also adding in a set of chimes from a gottlieb em or early SS instead of the electronic beeps and boops of the era.  The first 3 Gottlieb system 1 machines also had chimes in them (Joker Poker, Cleopatra, and Sinbad, I own the first two of those).





Here is a box of parts from the Close Encounters and other pieces I have been collecting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.